1. Do I need a visa?

EU/EEA students do not need any Polish visa, however upon arrival to Poland they should apply for a temporary residence permit if they stay in the country longer than 3 months. Non EU/EEA students need to arrive in Poland with a student's visa that can be obtained at the Polish Embassy or Consulate in country of residence. Visas are granted for a maximum three months, so in order to extend the stay in Poland, it is necessary to apply for a residence permit. To get more detailed information contact the International Relations Office of your university and check the website of Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

  1. What is Schengen visa ?


Some European Union countries have agreed to unify their entry and visa requirements. In general, this means that once you're admitted to one of these countries, you can go to any other, and a visa granted by one of these countries (known as a "Schengen visa") allows you to enter any other country.


To enter the Schengen territory third-country nationals must be in possession of a valid travel document and a visa if it is required. They also have to meet the following conditions:

  • they justify the purpose and conditions of the intended stay and prove that they have sufficient means of subsistence, both for the period of the intended stay and for the return to their country of origin or transit to a third State into which they are certain to be admitted, or are in a position to acquire such means lawfully
  • no alert has been issued for them for the purposes of refusing entry
  • they are not considered to be a threat to public policy, national security or the international relations of any of the Schengen States.

After undergoing the single check at the external border it is possible to move freely within the Schengen territory.

Schengen States issue the following types of uniform visas which entitle the holder to enter and stay in the Schengen territory:

  • airport transit visa (A) – valid only for airport transit, does not entitle the holder to leave the transit zone of the airport
  • short-stay visa (C) – valid for stays of no more than 90 days per period of 180 days

Apart from uniform visas, Schengen States issue national long-stay visas (D) and residence permits.

Holders of residence permits and national long-stay visas (D) issued by one of the Schengen States are allowed to travel within the Schengen area during a maximum three months in any half year .

Entry conditions for third-country nationals under visa obligation
Third-country nationals are allowed to enter and stay in Poland, if they are in a possession of one of the following titles:

  • uniform short-stay Schengen visa (C)
  • Polish long-stay national visa (D)
  • Polish residence permit
  • residence permit or national long-stay visa issued by another Schengen State.
  1. Do I need health insurance?

Yes, it is necessary.

  1. Are there any discounts for students?

Student ID gives all students (also international students) an opportunity to get discounts for students on public transports, cinemas, stores, restaurants and many others.


  1. Can I work in Poland during my studies?

Yes, you can work up to 20 hours a week.

  1. How do I apply?

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message

Via our contact form 

7.      What is the weather like in Poland?

As the result of a continental climate from the east and a maritime climate from the west influence,   Polish weather is changeable, with significant differences from day to day. In Poland, there are generally 4 seasons:

  • Spring, which starts in March and is initially cold and windy, later becoming pleasantly warm and often very sunny.
  • Summer, which begins in June, is predominantly warm but hot at times (with temperature reaching as high as 35-40C at least once per year), with plenty of sunshine interlaced with heavy rains. July and August are the hottest months.
  • Autumn, that comes in September, is warm and usually sunny at first and becomes cold, damp and foggy in November.
  • Winter lasts from December to March and includes shorter or longer period of snow. January and February are the coldest months with the temperature sometimes dropping as low as -15C.


  1. What is the cost of living?

In order to estimate cost of living in Poland please have a look  at the list below

Currency in Poland is Zloty (PLN).

milk: 3.50 PLN / litre
chicken: 12 - 18 PLN / kg
bread: 3 PLN / kg
eggs: 0.4 - 0.5 PLN / each
butter: 4 - 5 PLN / 250 g
rice: 5 - 6 PLN / 0.5 kg
cheese: 11 - 20 PLN / kg
potatoes: 3 PLN / kg
meat: 14 - 20 PLN / kg
fruit: 3 - 15 PLN / kg


Estimated cost – 400-500 PLN monthly
Lunch at a fast food restaurant – 10-15 PLN


Cinema – 12-22 PLN
Theatre – 20-45 PLN
Concerts – around 100 PLN
Clubs (entrance fee) – 10-15 PLN

City Transportation (student prices)

30-day city card that allows travel on all means of transport – 45 PLN
90-day city card that allows travel on all means of transport – 110 PLN
Single ticket valid for one ride (bus, tram or underground): normal price – 1,80 PLN